We at Penn State York strive to create and maintain an open, safe and inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning students, and their allies. We have an array of resources and support services, and we encourage students to use these resources whenever necessary.
For immediate assistance you may contact:
- Sarah Guillen, Associate Director of Student Affairs, at email@example.com or 717-771-4045.
- Sarah Bender, Counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-771-4088.
LGBTQA+ “Safer People Safer Places” Members
This is a network of members at Penn State York who are supporters of the LGBTQA community and can assist a student in need. Those faculty and staff that are part of Safer People Safer Places are:
- Ann Fetterman, Assistant Teaching Professor, email@example.com
- Denise Flinchbaugh, Financial Coordiniator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sarah Guillen, Associate Director of Student Affairs, email@example.com
- Cynthia Jones, Administrative Support Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Lehman, Lieutenant, University Police, email@example.com
- Dave McLaughlin, web developer, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Jennifer Nesbitt, Associate Professor of English, email@example.com
- Jon Price, Instructor in History and Political Science and Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) Adviser, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ryan Service, Director of Admissions, email@example.com
- Cathy Sheaffer, Administrative Support Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Noel Sloboda, Assistant Professor of English, email@example.com
- Joan Smeltzer, Assistant Teaching Professor, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Student Affairs, Ruhl Student Community Center
Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Bradley Building, 105
- Pullo Family Performing Arts Center/Lee R. Glatfelter Library, 103A, 218, 253, 255, 319, and 320
- Joe and Rosie Ruhl Student Community Center, Room 118
- Center for Sexual and Gender Diversity at University Park
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) – support for family and friends
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Helpline – This hotline provides telephone and email peer counseling as well as factual information and local resources for cities and towns across the United States. Call 888-843-4564.
- The Curve – The Curve is Planned Parenthood Keystone's York County LGBTQA+ youth center. Thursdays 5:30–7:30 p.m. for youth ages 14–21.
- LGBT Center – Located in Harrisburg, the center provides social programs, educational programs, and cultural programs for all in the community.