How to Apply

How to Apply

The Penn State York Admissions Team is here to help answer all your questions and assist all students throughout the application process.

First-Year Students

First-year Students are students who have earned a high school diploma or equivalent and who have taken fewer than 18 credits at another accredited college or university after high school.

Transfer Students

Transfer Students are those who have obtained their high school diploma or equivalent and who have attempted 18 or more credits at another accredited college or university.

HACC Transfer Students

HACC Transfer Students are students who have completed an AA or AS transfer degree program, and are in good standing with a minimum grade-point average of 2.0. Eligible programs at Penn State York are biology, business, communication arts and sciences, English, human development and family studies, information sciences and technology, psychology (B.A. and B.S.), and science.

Adult Learners

Adult Learners are students who are 24 years old or older, have been out of high school for four or more years, have children, or are military veterans or active duty service members.

International Students

International Students are students who are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents and require any form of visa to attend Penn State.

High School Dual Enrollment

High School Dual Enrollment Students are high school juniors or seniors who are interested in taking college courses for credit on campus.

Graduate Students

A graduate student is a student who has successfully earned a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.