(10 CEUs) PA Code 2600 (35PA.B.2499) Approved by the Department of Human Services
Penn State York is offering the entire 100 hours of training for this program and the exam in York or via zoom.
Satisfy continuing education requirements with a variety of professional development courses for nurses, administrators, direct-care staff, and other health care professionals.
The entire 100 hours of training is offered in a condensed weekend format, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Students are expected to obtain their CPR/AED training at their workplace or from an approved provider. If you need assistance with scheduling, please contact us. All sessions must be attended or made up elsewhere.
You are also required to attend a Personal Care Home Administrator Orientation before you are considered a Personal Care Home Administrator.
Please Note: Licensed Nursing Home Administrators (NHA) who wish to become licensed as a Personal Care Home Administrator must complete the orientation and test. The fee for NHA’s to take the test is $150. Please contact Penn State York to register for the exam only.
Qualifications necessary to attend this program
(must have one of the following):
- An associate degree or 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university
- A license as a registered nurse from the Pennsylvania Department of State
- A license as a licensed practical nurse from the Pennsylvania Department of State and one year experience in a related field
- A license as a nursing home administrator from the Pennsylvania Department of State.
- For a home serving eight or fewer residents, a general education development diploma or high school diploma and two years direct care or administrative experience in the human services field
You must attend a one-day Department of Human Services Orientation in addition to the 100-hour course. There is no fee for the orientation.
Course Schedule - 4 weekends
Courses in the PCHA 100-Hour Training
Friday, July 15
Students must also have a current CPR/AED certification. If certification is needed, please let us know and we can provide information for classes.
PCHA Test and Registration