We at Penn State York strive to create and maintain an open, safe and inclusive environment for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and questioning students, and their allies. We have an array of resources and support services, and we encourage students to use these resources whenever necessary.
For immediate assistance you may contact:
- Dan Puccio, Associate Director of Student Affairs, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 717-771-4049.
- Dr. Stephanie Binter, Campus Counselor, at email@example.com or call 717-771-4088.
LGBTQA+ Safe Zone Members
This is a network members at Penn State York who are supporters of the LGBTQA community and can assist a student in need. Those faculty and staff that are part of the Safe Zone are:
- Dan Puccio, Associate Director of Student Affairs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jessica Petrie, Student Aid Coordinator, email@example.com
- Sheri Yoder, Director of International Student Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Shelly Drabik, Administrative Support Assistant, email@example.com
- Ann Fetterman, Instructor in English, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Denise Flinchbaugh, Administrative Support Assistant, email@example.com
- Annie Haines, Area Representative for Continuing Education and Adult Education Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Todd Hoy, Lab Technician, email@example.com
- Cynthia Jones, Administrative Support Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Lehman, Police Chief, email@example.com
- Dr. Jennifer Nesbitt, Associate Proessor of English, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jon Price, Instructor in History and Political Science and Division of Undergraduate Studies (DUS) Adviser, email@example.com
- Cathy Sheaffer, Administrative Support Assistant, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Noel Sloboda, Assistant Professor of English, email@example.com
- Joan Smeltzer, Instructor in Mathematics, Assistant Registrar, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office of Student Affairs, Ruhl Student Community Center
Gender Neutral Bathrooms
- Bradley Building, 105
- Pullo Family Performing Arts Center/Lee R. Glatfelter Library, 103A, 218, 253, 255, 319, and 320
- LGBTA Resource Center at University Park
- Parents, Families, and Friends of Lesbians and Gays (PFLAG) – support for family and friends
- Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender Helpline – This hotline provides telephone and email peer counseling as well as factual information and local resources for cities and towns across the United States. Call 888-843-4564.
- The Curve – The Curve is Planned Parenthood Keystone's York County LGBTQA+ youth center. Thursdays 5:30–7:30 p.m. for youth ages 14–21.