Penn State York Continuing Education offers many services to businesses, organizations, and individuals. Currently we are offering workplace Spanish which can be customized to your specific industry needs. These courses are offered at Penn State York or on-site at your workplace.
Spanish in the Workplace: Level 1
This course will offer Spanish for the workplace to facilitate basic communication with employees or clients whose native language is Spanish. Emphasis is placed on oral communication and specific vocabulary used in a business context. Written and oral practice is provided to exercise the ability to find and communicate information of daily transactions.
- Become more proficient in workplace Spanish vocabulary
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in simple business in Spanish
- Increase active vocabulary by practicing conversation with authentic materials
- Improve listening skills to become more proficient in understanding Spanish
- Understand basic questions and requests in Spanish
- Identify key grammatical structures to improve reading and speaking strategies in Spanish
- Develop your next level skill, in translating sentences and short texts or forms from English to Spanish and Spanish to English
- Improve cultural communication skills
- Be able to ask and in-take information to fill out documents pertaining to business
Spanish in the Workplace I
Penn State York is pleased to be working with Penn Wilkes Barre in the following session beginning September 16, 2021. Penn State York is pleased to be working with Penn Berks in the following session beginning March 3, 2022.
- Dates: Thursdays, March 3–April 14, 2022
- Times: 5:30–8:30 p.m.
- Location: Virtual instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing
- Cost: $250 per person + textbook
- Textbook: Spanish for Dummies, 2nd Edition. By Susana Wald & Cecie Kraynak, Authors. ISBN 978-0470878552
Spanish in the Workplace II
This workshop will refresh and reinforce the topics covered in Spanish in the Workplace Level 1. The class will continue conjugating verbs in the present tense along with gaining a general sense of the past and future tenses. At the end of the course, students will be able to carry on a simple conversation without consulting a dictionary.
- Dates: Thursdays, June 3–July 15, 2021 (This 21-hour course is delivered in seven 3-hour sessions.)
- Times: 5:30 –8:30 p.m.
- Location: Virtual instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing.
- Cost: $250 per person