Penn State York Continuing Education offers many services to businesses, organizations, and individuals. Currently we are offering workplace Spanish which can be customized to your specific industry needs. These courses are offered at Penn State York or on-site at your workplace.
Spanish in the Workplace: Level 1
This course will offer Spanish for the workplace to facilitate basic communication with employees or clients whose native language is Spanish. Emphasis is placed on oral communication and specific vocabulary used in a business context. Written and oral practice is provided to exercise the ability to find and communicate information of daily transactions.
- Become more proficient in workplace Spanish vocabulary
- Demonstrate an ability to engage in simple business in Spanish
- Increase active vocabulary by practicing conversation with authentic materials
- Improve listening skills to become more proficient in understanding Spanish
- Understand basic questions and requests in Spanish
- Identify key grammatical structures to improve reading and speaking strategies in Spanish
- Develop your next level skill, in translating sentences and short texts or forms from English to Spanish and Spanish to English
- Improve cultural communication skills
- Be able to ask and in-take information to fill out documents pertaining to business
- Dates: Tuesday evenings, September 8–October 20, 2020
(This 21-hour course is delivered in seven 3-hour sessions.)
- Times: 5:00–8:00 p.m.
- Location: Virtual instructor-led training via Zoom videoconferencing.
- Cost: $250 per person
Registration: Contact Penn State York Continuing Education at 717-771-4032 or firstname.lastname@example.org